Monday, March 8, 2010

Back on the road again....

K...Well now that I have fallen off the horse, I am gonna get back on! I have asked a very dear friend of mine, aka my sweet boyfriend, to build some frames for me to stretch canvas on. I asked for just two, one 16 x 16 and the other 18 x 21. Who knows if I will get those sizes but never the less they are on their way.

Now I need to find material that I can use for canvas. Any local fabric store will carry what I need. Somewhat stretchy so that when I stretch it over the frame, it has a little give. I also need gesso which I can buy at any local craft or art store such as Michaels.

I attended a school abroad in 2008 and learned how to paint. We stretched our own canvases and prepared them to be painted. I can not wait to start this process again! It will remind me of my time on a little island, in the Cycladic Islands of Greece, named Paros. The sun seemed to shine with more vigor there and the salty sea air was mesmerizing. It truly was an adventure and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of it.

I can not wait for my frames to be finished so I can start this process! Complete turn around since two weeks ago eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment