Monday, March 29, 2010

Some Progress...

So I have canvas!! I went to Joann's fabric store and searched for a durable fabric. A little heavy duty but not thick. Feels like a canvas fabric. I was not too sure which fabric to get but had some faint idea from my previous excursions.

It has a little give to it when pulled which is good for the stretching onto the frames.



This man here has yet to get me some frames. He has been slacking but I am promised to have a few tomorrow!

The process will be a little time consuming. First, I will staple the canvas on all four sides about in the middle. From there I will alternate stapling sides to the frame while stretching. When all the sides are stapled it should have enough tension that when you tap it, it sounds like a drum.

Second, I will apply Gesso. It helps make the fabric stiff and be able to apply paint. It helps to apply two layers. I am gonna apply the first layer and then when it is dry, sand it smooth and apply a second layer. Again I am going to sand it so it is smooth and read for me to paint.

I can't really do anything till I get my frames so waiting is the game.....again....

No comments:

Post a Comment