Monday, February 8, 2010

The line...

Here we go!
Lines can have a huge impact on an image or even brushstrokes. Many famous pieces of art of line of some form. There are plenty different uses for lines. For example:


Lines don't have to be straight as an arrow; such as above. They can curve and move in all different directions. It is a technique used to define your object as well as move the viewers eye around the image. Vincent Van Gogh used his brushstrokes to help show emotion as well in the "Starry Night":


Jeez! He was amazing!! Even the dark form in front seems to have motion. WELL......now that I just place one of the greatest artists on my page I think I can go no further......but I need to.

I attempted to use lines to show a direction and ended up showing a perspective as well.



The lines proceed back to the horizon. The telephone polls and wires proceed back as well. That's my attempt at line! I would say done pretty well but yet there is...well...nothing too interesting. Jeez I need to be more creative!

1 comment: